The Edge 540 is well known for being one of the most aggressive full size aircraft ever made.
It this latest reincarnation, Pilot-RC takes our already popular Edge 540 and Edge 540 V3 designs for the ultimate Edge, both in design and performance.
Adopting all the latest carbon infused build designs, Pilot-RC’s patented quick release systems and all the experience and know how from all our latest showstoppers, this new Edge is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
|Wing area:||1,033 “² (6,667 cm²)|
Components used in the video: GP Engines 38cc
Components used in the video: GS 270KV motor, Battery 5.000mAh 6S, Prop 21*10 wood
- NEW! Hybrid construction from wood and composite materials for specially reinforced fuselage and wings.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for wings and SFG.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for canopy. Especially useful for electric version, fast battery change!
- Genuine German Oracover (Ultracote) covering
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Pre-installed hinges (glued and pinned)
- Easy canister installation due to open construction
- Removable wings and stabilizer
- Laser engraved motor mounting position
- Pull-Pull system for Rudder servo
- Cowl fits both gasoline and electric motors
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fibre main undercarriage, tail-gear assembly and wing-tubes as well as fibreglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Pre-installed hinges and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank and fuel tubing pre-prepared, fuel dot and breather valve
- Wheels, axels and wheel pants
- Pre-prepared pushrods with ball links
- Matching carbon spinner
Motor: 30-40cc or equivalent electric
Servos: 5 high torque plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron, x1 per elevator half and x1 on rudder
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, powerbox, extension leads and possibly other small accessories.
Pilot-Rc recommended hardware:
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW28AH (28Kg – 0,056s at 8,4v)28
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1,6″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
- Wingbags: Pilot-RC wingbags
Colour schemes available:
Colour scheme 540 01:
References: Oracover 21-023, 21-010, 21-071 / Ultracote HANU866, HANU870, HANU874
Colour scheme 540 02:
References: Oracover 21-050, 21-033, 21-043 /Ultracote HANU873, HANU872, HANU903
EXHAUST TUNNEL SIZE:
RUDDER HORNS AND PULL PULL LOCATION:
EXTENSION WIRE LENGTHS:
No extension required
(to reach receiver direct)
No extension required
CENTER OF GRAVITY:
Measured back from leading edge of the wing at the fuselage.
You will find a laser engraved C.G. emblem on the inside of the fuselage, located close to the wing tube, which also shows the exact location for Center of Gravity.