A brand new design, built from a classic. In 2019 Extra Acrobatic Aircraft unveiled their latest masterpiece, and now in 2020 Pilot-RC is unveiling ours.
The Extra NG is the latest iteration of the Extra family, each version becoming more precise and more agile than ever before, and this feeds down all the way through our models.
This new design, combined with all of Pilot-RC’s latest build innovations and methods provide a high quality kit that can be built within minutes upon arrival at the flying field and relied upon for strength, agility and all round fun.
|Wing area:||872 “² (5,632 cm²)|
CARBON COVERING ON SCHEME 02:
- NEW! Hybrid construction from wood and composite materials for specially reinforced fuselage and wings.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for wings.
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for canopy. Especially useful for electric version, fast battery change!
- NEW! Patented quick assembly system for SFG.
- Strong yet light weight design, especially developed for precision aerobatic and extreme 3D flying
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Removable wings
- Laser engraved motor mounting position
- Designed for both 20cc engine or electric motor
- Internally mounted cowling – so no external screws exposed
- Included servo extension wires and wing bags
- Push pull rudder link for more precise and direct response
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fibre main undercarriage, tail-gear assembly and wing-tubes as well as fibreglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Included wing bags
- Included extension wires
- Pre-prepared hinges ready to be installed and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank, fuel dot and fuel tubing pre-prepared
- Wheels, axels and wheel pants
- Pre-prepared pushrods with ball links
- Included spinner
Motor: 20cc or equivalent electric
*Please note that the setup of this plane allows both electric or gas engines, however in order to use a gas engine, the firewall and engine box must be reinforced.
Servos: 4 high torque plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron, x1 for elevator and x1 for rudder
*Please note that the servo slots are designed to accept a medium size servo (35mm x 15mm) however the wood has been prepared and marked, should you wish to enlarge in order to accept standard size servos.
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, powerbox, extension leads and possibly other small accessories.
Pilot-Rc recommended hardware:
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW16AH (16Kg at 8,4v)
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1,2″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
- Electric Motor Combo: Pilot-RC Power Pack for 67″ plane (3D acrobatic)
- Electric Motor & Servos Combo: Pilot-RC Power Pack for 67″ plane WITH servos (3D acrobatic)
Colour schemes available:
Colour scheme Extra NG 01:
Colour scheme Extra NG 02:
A: 145mm, B: 215mm, C: 225mm, D: 202mm
EXHAUST TUNNEL SIZE:
A: 183mm, B: 68mm, C: 183mm, D: 76mm, E: 110mm, F: 143mm
RUDDER HORNS AND PULL PULL LOCATION:
A: mm, B: mm, C: N/A, D: mm
Extension wire lengths:
No extension required
(to reach receiver direct)
CENTER OF GRAVITY:
Measured back from leading edge of the wing at the fuselage.
You will find a laser engraved C.G. emblem on the inside of the fuselage, located close to the wing tube, which also shows the exact location for Center of Gravity.
FULL Build manual:
Please note it is important to install the triangular reinforcement for the front former, this helps assure correct alignment between the canopy and the cowl.