Pilot-RC is very proud to announce a new collaboration with the undisputed pioneers of 3D jet flying and designers of that very first 3D J10, Ralph and Enrico from Elster Jet.
This new collaboration has led to Pilot-RC to produce their latest design, the FC1.
Designed to be both precise and highly capable in normal aerobatics and also extremely agile and light for 3D flying. Elster’s background in 3D jet flying has led to a number of innovative solutions that assure a light, strong and extremely capable and fun new aircraft to fly.
|Wing area:||1,734″2 (11,190cm2)|
|Weight:||31-32.5lbs (14-14.7kg) with JetCat P220Rxi turbine and full UAT|
- German design, by Ralph and Enrico from Elster Jet, designers of the first J10’s
- Extremely lightweight full composite construction especially designed for outstanding 3D performance
- Painted outside the mold so no seam lines
- Ultra strong and light weight landing gear mounts, with factory installed blind nuts so mounting is just plug and play
- Split fuselage design is joined with 5 screws, with only batteries and nose gear installed in the front section, meaning very easy connections and quick assembly at the field
- Specially designed easy access to turbine for speedy installation
- Wings and elevator are secured from the top
- Removable wing and elevator for easy transport
Please note that the FC1 is designed specifically for aerobatics and 3D vectored flight, with light weight being key. It is not designed to be used as a full power, high speed race plane.
- Complete air frame (including carbon wing-tubes and preinstalled and painted fibreglass control horns)
- Servo extension leads
- Vector thrust pipe
- 4.500ml fuel tank
- 250ml UAT tank
- Pre-prepared pushrods with ball links
Also available: Full retract combo. Includes Pilot-RC electric retracts and electric brakes, specific for this model.
Also available: Turbine Ready version. Includes all the above, plus x10 Pilot-RC servos, all pre-installed. Just add your own turbine of choice.
- 140-190N for normal sport flying
- 200-260N for 3D vector flight – Avoid high speed, high G flying
Servos: Total x10 (x9 standard size + x1 medium size)
x9 standard size high torque
x2 for ailerons (minimum 20kg)
x2 for flaps (minimum 40kg)
x1 for vector elevator (minimum 25kg)
x1 for vector rudder (minimum 25kg)
x2 for elevators (minimum 40kg)
x1 for rudder (minimum 40kg)
x1 medium size servo for steering (size: 35x15x30mm)
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, batteries, powerbox and possibly other small accessories.
Pilot-Rc recommended hardware:
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW48AH for elevators, rudder & flaps
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW28AH for aileron and vector
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW16AH for steering
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1.6″, 1,2″ and 0,8″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
Pilot-Rc recommended ACCESSORIES:
Colour schemes available:
Scheme 01 – Fluorescent Red:
Scheme 02 – Fluorescent Orange:
Scheme 03 – Fluorescent Green:
Scheme 04 – Fluorescent Yellow:
- Flap: Maximum available
- Aileron: 40mm up / 40mm down
- Rudder: 50mm left / 50mm right
- Elevator: 55mm up / 55mm down (measured from the front)
*Please note that the correct “center” position for the elevator is not when it is level
Elevator center position is 35mm down from the top of the fuselage side area, as per the following image:
CENTER OF GRAVITY:
18cm forward of the front of the wingtube
Once comfortable with the model and gyro turned on, slowly take back to 17cm
Measured with empty main tank, full UAT, landing gear down.
Even though this model can easily be flown as a conventional setup, the configuration used by Elster Jet for 3D flying is as follows:
Roll axis: Uses ailerons for roll and only 10% added Taileron movement
Full Flap: Uses approximately 2mm up elevator (measured from the front)
VECTOR AND GYRO:
Elster Jet recommend the use of the gyro systems by Powerbox-Systems. These offer two banks, each with individually programmable settings.
|FUNCTION||NORMAL FLYING||3D FLYING|
|Aileron||Heading Hold 15%||Normal Gain 40%|
|Elevator||Normal Gain 15%||Normal Gain 45%|
|Vector Elevator||Off||Normal Gain 90%|
|Vector Rudder||Off||Normal Gain 90%|