The ideal way to get into model flying. An easy to fly, easy to build and even easy to repair high wing box construction trainer.
Ignore noisy dirty and expensive to run glow engines and start with a 20-30cc gas engine, this allows both a more stable and bettery flying plane, as well as providing you with valid equipment for when you are ready to move up to any other style of flying!
Our V2 version comes much improved for an even more enjoyable learning process.
|Wing area:||1,237 “² (7,980 cm²)|
GALLERY & VIDEO:
The lower hatch shown pictured above comes glued to the fuselage as standard. Included in the kit are the necessary latches to covert to a removable hatch. To do so, just cut the hatch out and assemble as seen.
- Self-correcting high-wing, thick semi symmetrical airfoil design makes for a very stable design, idea for beginners.
- Special design landing gear mounting. Very durable even with bad landings. Can easily be removed with four bolts for transport.
- Optional flaps. Can be modified to include flaps in just minutes (pre-prepared aileron splitting)
- Comes with both tricycle landing gear and tail dragger configurations. Both designed to be simple, reliable and robust!
- Design allows for towing gliders. Just take a few minutes to install optional towing release system (not included)
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day.
- Two piece plug-in wing with aluminium wing tube, for easy transport.
- Laser engraved motor mounting position, ready for either gas or electric setup.
- Battery cover on the underside of the fuselage, to easily swap batteries in electric setups.
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fibre main undercarriage, aluminium wing-tube, fibreglass control horns and hinges)
- Fuel tank, fuel tubing pre-prepared and fuel dot
- Wheels and axels
- Pushrods with ball links
- Plastic spinner included
- Servo extension wires included
Motor: 20-35cc or equivalent electric
Servos: 4 plus throttle // Uses x2 per aileron, x1 for elevator and x1 for rudder (optional +2 for flaps if used)
*Please note that the servo slots are designed to accept a medium size servo (35mm x 15mm) however the wood has been prepared and marked, should you wish to enlarge in order to accept standard size servos.
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, and possibly other small accessories.
Pilot-Rc recommended hardware:
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW16AH (16Kg – 0.057s at 8.4v)
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1,2″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
- Wingbags: Pilot-RC Wingbags
Making the tow hook:
Mounting options prepared, but accessories not included
Please note that only the top hook should be used for aero-towing. The bottom hook can be used as multi-purpose release, such as for dropping a parachute
Colour schemes available:
Colour scheme Trainer V2:
White, carbon & blue