The Edge 540 is well known for being one of the most aggressive full size aircraft ever made. Pilot-RC’s version takes that into the model with massively powerful flying surfaces and fast responses. Contrary to most Edge’s on the market, our version has been extensively tested to assure that it is still a smooth flying plane despite its crazy side!
This is the V3 of the Zivko Edge with slicker lines that make it look like its really travelling while still standing still, and with the included optional winglets make it really stand out from the crowd.
|Model:||Edge 540 V3 – 23%|
|Wing area:||855 “² (5,520 cm²)|
- Strong yet light weight design, specially developed for precision acrobatic and extreme 3D flying
- Included optional flat SFG, easily installed with just two screws
- Included servo extension wires and wing bags
- Designed for both 20cc engine or electric motor
- Genuine German Oracover (Ultracote) covering and printed colour schemes
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Internally mounted cowling – so no external screws exposed
- Removable wings
- Laser engraved motor mounting position
*Please note that latest version 60″ & 67″ models do not come pre-hinged.
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fibre main undercarriage, tail-gear assembly and wing-tube as well as fibreglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Included wing bags
- Hinges ready to be installed and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank and fuel tubing pre-prepared, fuel dot and breather valve
- Wheels, axels and wheel pants
- Pre-preared pull-pull wires and pushrods with ball links
- Includes spinner
Motor: 20cc or equivalent electric
*Please note that the setup of this plane accepts both electric or gas engine, however in order to use gas engine, firewall and engine box must be reinforced.
Servos: 4 high torque plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron, x1 for elevator and x1 on rudder
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, powerbox, extension leads and possibly other small accessories.
Pilot-Rc recommended hardware:
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PY20AL (20Kg – 0,119s at 8,4v)
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1,6″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
- Electric motor combo: Pilot-RC Power Pack for 67″ plane (3D acrobatic)
- Electric motor & servos combo: Pilot-RC Power Pack for 67″ plane WITH servos (3D acrobatic)
Colour schemes available:
Colour scheme 540V3-08:
References: Oracover 21-060, 21-091, 21-071 / Ultracote HANU877, HANU881, HANU874
Colour scheme 540V3-13:
References: Oracover 21-010, 21-091, 21-023 / Ultracote HANU870, HANU881, HANU866
Colour scheme 540V3-14:
*Please note, 67″ Edge SFG are traditional flat style, not shaped fibreglass as in larger models
A: 204mm – B: 184mm – C: 271mm – D: 185mm
EXHAUST TUNNEL SIZE:
RUDDER HORNS AND PULL PULL LOCATION:
A: 17mm B: 82mm – C: 39mm – D: n/a – E: 8.5
Extension wire lengths:
(to reach receiver direct)
CENTER OF GRAVITY:
Measured back from leading edge of the wing at the fuselage.
You will find a laser engraved C.G. emblem on the inside of the fuselage, located close to the wing tube, which also shows the exact location for Center of Gravity.
FULL Build manual:
Build thread and support forum: